cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaibhav810
Observer
Observer

How to run tensorflow/caff models on versal vck190 evaluation board (using AI engine)

Jump to solution

How to get kernels/graphs from model file (say frzoen pb of tensorflow ?) on versal vck190 board?

How to run existing DNNDK example on versal vck190 board via vitis-ai?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jheaton
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

As of today, you need to go to the Versal ML Early Access Lounge in order to get the SD Card Linux image for the VCK190. This is the only thing you need from the Lounge. 

We are releasing Vitis-AI 1.4 very soon, and at that point the Lounge will not be required for the Linux image. So, if you can wait a week or two you can use the 1.4 image when it is available, otherwise you need to use the Lounge. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
gguasti

Vitis AI 1.3 allows you to work with the VCK190 very simply.

Below,  ZCU102 and VCK190 targets during compile phase are compared, with the goal to show how similar they are now:

ZCU102:

vai_c_tensorflow2 -m tf2_resnet50/vai_q_output/quantized.h5 \
-a /opt/vitis_ai/compiler/arch/DPUCZDX8G/ZCU102/arch.json \
-o tf2_resnet50/vai_c_output \
-n resnet50_tf2 \

VCK190:

vai_c_tensorflow2 -m tf2_resnet50/vai_q_output/quantized.h5 \
-a /opt/vitis_ai/compiler/arch/DPUCVDX8G/VCK190/arch.json \
-o tf2_resnet50/vai_c_output \
-n resnet50_tf2 \

I would recommend to follow one of the tutorials in Vitis-In-Depth Github  page which have been tested with VCK190, for example 

https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis-In-Depth-Tutorial/tree/master/Machine_Learning/Design_Tutorials/10-RF_modulation_recognition

https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis-In-Depth-Tutorial/tree/master/Machine_Learning/Design_Tutorials/04-Keras_GoogleNet_ResNet

More examples are coming soon.

0 Kudos
vaibhav810
Observer
Observer

Hi gguasti,

Thanks for the revert.. Really Appreciate 

I have gone through the links and examples. One problem with that is : VCK190 image needs to have DPU IP integrated right ?

and the "image" link for vck190 given on above github links (i.e.Design_Tutorials/10-RF_modulation_recognition etc )  is not working. So my question is : Do VCK190 prebuild images have DPU IP integrated , so that i can run elf/output generated by vai_c_tensorflow2  command ? If No, then how to integrate DPU IP in vck190 base design .

Also, second query is : What's difference between DPU IP and "AI engine" w.r.t VCK190. I understand the DPU 3.2 for zcu102 but for VCK190 xilinx has introduced the concept of ACAP/kernels/OpenCL

Regards

0 Kudos
gguasti

Right, you need a dedicated image for VCK190 if you want to use the DPU. 

Please require access to the Versal ML Early Access Lounge: https://www.xilinx.com/member/versal-ml-ea.html

where you will find the  VCK190 SD Card Image: https://www.xilinx.com/member/forms/download/design-license-xef.html?filename=Vitis-AI-xilinx_vck190_base_202010_1-2020-12-21.img.gz

The DPU originated as an HDL design capable of efficiently executing typical ML operators (i.e. convolutions ...). With Versal the DPU can now take advantage of the AI engine, further improving performance. Please refer to UG1414 for detailed explanation.

vaibhav810
Observer
Observer

Hi gguasti,

vaibhav810_0-1625842510694.png

As per the latest update on vitis software development kit page, Now anyone can access AI engine tools & there is no need to ask access for 'Versal ML EA".. But i am not able to download/find these tools . It says, please visit "Vitis get started webpage" & there is no info available on that page.

Basically, I have vck190 board with me and i want to run my tensorflow custom model using ACAP AI engine? How to do that ? via DPU is the only way or i am missing something her

Regards,

Vaibhav

0 Kudos
jheaton
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

As of today, you need to go to the Versal ML Early Access Lounge in order to get the SD Card Linux image for the VCK190. This is the only thing you need from the Lounge. 

We are releasing Vitis-AI 1.4 very soon, and at that point the Lounge will not be required for the Linux image. So, if you can wait a week or two you can use the 1.4 image when it is available, otherwise you need to use the Lounge. 

View solution in original post