UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer smuelhausen
Observer

Block design AXI external can't be altered

I created an external connection of a HP Axi slave of a Zynq Ultrascale. I changed some the size of the parameters id, aruser and awuser of the port (see appending picture), generated outputs and created HDL wrapper of the block design.

axi.png

But the changes were not inherited. The id parameters had the old size while aruser and awuser were still a std_logic instead of a four bit vector. When I open the configuration of the HP AXI ports, these three parametes are assigned with the comment "auto". So they should be configurable, don't they?

I also tried updating the wrapper file to the desired port definition, only to get a port missmatch during synthesis.

Used Vivado version 2018.2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Block design AXI external can't be altered

Hi @smuelhausen ,

Since the ZUS+ PS is a hard block, the width of the USER and ID signals is not configurable. 

Regards,

Deanna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer smuelhausen
Observer

Re: Block design AXI external can't be altered

Hi Deanna, I also thought about that, but these three parameters of the HP-AXI port are tagged with the label "(Auto)". So I would assume, it is configurable. Best regards
0 Kudos