UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer agary
Observer

Is it legally possible to use modified version of autogenerated axi-lite slave files independently?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Not sure where to submit this topic and hope here is the right place. As we know the Vivado tools suite will help you to design your own AXI-based custom IP core by auto-generating some files (e.g. AXI and its wrapper). These files do not have any licensing statements at the top, so I'd like to know if it is possible to distribute them independently and license them in my project?

Regards,

Agary

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it legally possible to use modified version of autogenerated axi-lite slave files independently?

Jump to solution

Hi @agary,

I do not think this is an issue as long as you target a Xilinx FPGA and Xilinx tools.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
2 Replies

Re: Is it legally possible to use modified version of autogenerated axi-lite slave files independently?

Jump to solution

Hi @agary,

I do not think this is an issue as long as you target a Xilinx FPGA and Xilinx tools.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Scholar richardhead
Scholar

Jump to solution

Not only that - but Xilinx have a guide on how to hand modify and lock any IP that you need to do mods on yourself, and keep it inside an OOC flow:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57546.html

0 Kudos