UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer @ida
Observer

One cycle delay for DMA data to memory transmission over AXI Stream

Hi,

I am using the AXI DMA in direct register mode to transfer data from the FPGA to the OCM over the HP ports of the Zynq UltraScale+. For triggering the data transfer i write directly to the address and data length registers and this is working fine. The problem is, that the data only gets written to the memory after I trigger a second transmission on the DMA (so basically with one cycle delay). I can see the data being transmitted over the AXI Stream interface in the hardware debugger but it only gets written to the memory once I trigger a second transmission. Where does the data get stored once it was written over the AXI Stream bus? Can I avoid this delay? I have disabled the cache for the memory region where I am writing to.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer @ida
Observer

Re: One cycle delay for DMA data to memory transmission over AXI Stream

So... I might have an idea why this is happening. I have a custom IP core, which implements a stream interface. This stream interface should link to the DMA, so when the DMA is triggered for data transmission the data is streamed over this interface. Now I noticed that even though I have configured the DMA to send 128 bytes of data after 112 bytes the TVALID signal goes low for one cycle and then high again for the remaining 16 bytes. I am guessing that because of this interrupt the last 4 32-bit data values will be 1 cycle older than the rest. I just don't know why the DMA reacts like this.

Capture_stream.PNG
dma.PNG
0 Kudos