cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only evaluation kit with the full gamut of 56G interfaces, available now

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
2 8 2,171

Xilinx has introduced the Virtex® UltraScale+™ 56G PAM4 VCU129 FPGA evaluation kit to enable the design of a next-generation networking platform, bringing unparalleled adaptability and performance.

Virtex UltraScale+ 58G PAM4 FPGAs are built upon the same building blocks used by the Xilinx 16nm UltraScale+ FPGA family and have integrated PAM4 transceiver, KP4 FEC, 100GE, and 150G interlaken blocks.

The PAM4 transceivers in these Virtex UltraScale+ FPGAs are another great example of Xilinx’s transceiver technology leadership. With a variety of 56G interfaces on the VCU129 evaluation kit, designers can evaluate upcoming optics, cables, and protocols to build a future-proofing platform while preserving their existing investment.

VCU129 evaluation kit provides

• Common high-speed interconnects for real-world evaluation
  • Onboard peripherals and memories for broad applications
  • Superior SerDes technology and thermal management

This VCU129 evaluation kit has everything you need to prototype your applications using Virtex UltraScale+ 58G PAM4 FPGAs.

vcu129_board_edm.png

For more information:

8 Comments

Wonderful product, but I noticed that this board doesn't have a FMC+ interface for expansion boards. What do you guys suggest to add basic GPIOs in a project over VCU129 for general controllers, status and data interfaces in a large project? How many user-configurable on-board GPIOs exists on VCU129?

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @marcelo.guedes,

Thank you for the comment. The only GPIOs that are user accessible on the VCU129 go to the User I/Os & LEDs. With that said, one other I/O expansion option might be the PCIe interface. User can use the following cable and host adapter card for additional interfaces.

Great! Thank you for the answer.

Another question: any idea when will we have access to the board manual on Xilinx page? Right now the "Documentation" section is empty:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/vcu129-pp.html#documentation

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @marcelo.guedes, the related documents will be available within few days on xilinx.com.

Hi, 

i am looking for the schematic for this board but could not locate on the eval kit web page. Any leads on it?

As of now i am curious if there are bidirectional level shifters (1.8V <-> 3.3V) present for the PMOD interface of the board. I am planning to use the PMOD connector to interface with another controller that runs at 3.3V IO. 

in the kit's user guide , i have seen references to level shifters for I2C interfaces but not this connector. Another eval kit VCU118 has level shifter for the PMOD inteface as well. I am hopeful that this board has it too but probably not mentioned in the user guide , hence looking for the schematic. 

Kindly help. 

Thanks,

Venkat

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Please reach out to your local sales rep or our forum for technical support https://forums.xilinx.com/

Observer
Observer
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@tansua, VCU129 is using full production Virtex UltraScale+ XCVU29P FPGA while VCU129-PP features pre-production Virtex UltraScale+ XCVU29P FPGA.Vll Virtex UltraScale+ 58G PAM4 FPGAs in full production.