cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xlnxvideoscale is not working with appsink/fakesink

Hi,

I have a question regarding the GStreamer backend as OpenCV videoio.

When I run the below command in the terminal, the gst pipeline (from zcu104_vcu_ml) can work properly.

“gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/media/card/demo_inputs/face_15fps.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! omxh264dec internal-entropy-buffers=3 ! xlnxvideoscale !  video/x-raw, width=1280, height=720, format=BGR ! queue ! kmssink bus-id=a2070000.v_mix”

To develop an OpenCV application with gst pipeline, I modified the required capture pipeline as below:

cv::VideoCapture cap(“filesrc location=/media/card/demo_inputs/face_15fps.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! omxh264dec internal-entropy-buffers=3 ! xlnxvideoscale !  video/x-raw, width=1280, height=720, format=BGR ! queue ! appsink”)

However, errors are shown from GST_DEBUG as below:

lyliew_0-1601271299561.png

This thread is similar to this, but it did not get resolved.

Is there any suggestion on this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Where did you find the SW and HW pipeline that you're trying to run? I ask because Xilinx has released a few different reference applications over the years and there are some minor differences between them.

For the future, we're releasing a new video analytics framework to integrate Vitis-developed hardware blocks with the gstreamer framework. There's a reference application available here that you can take a look at to see the framework:

https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis-In-Depth-Tutorial/tree/master/Runtime_and_System_Optimization/Design_Tutorials/02-ivas-ml

Thanks,
Rob

0 Kudos

Hi @ra,

I am using the HW and SW references provided on Xilinx website as below:

lyliew_0-1601861607050.png

Is the xlnxvideoscale gstreamer plugin element available in other references as well? Or is it only available in the reference example on top?

Thanks,

Leon

0 Kudos