Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlkann
Visitor
Visitor

U25 - SFP28 Vivado Examples

Hi John,

Are there any Vivado-based examples, specifically, that fully interface the two GTYs to the SFP28 modules?  The board.xml & part0_pins.xml files insinuate that there are *4* lanes to the two SFP28 cages, with differential signals for qsfp0/1_RX/TX_P/N0 & 1 (see lines 136 through 151 in part0_pins.xml in the U25 board folder).  The example IP suggests that X0Y4 & X0Y5 should be used, but I have no idea if I'm actually connected to the SFP28 data pins.  Also, I cannot find any examples, documentation, etc, on other SFP28 interface signals, such as TX Disable, Module Definition[2:0] (clock, serial data & ground), RX LOS, TX Fault, etc, all of which should be accessible to/by the FPGA.

I would greatly appreciate any help here, as I'm basically stuck otherwise. 

Thanks,
Dave

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnFedakIV

Hi @dlkann ,

Welcome to the Xilinx Forums!

I've went ahead and separated your post from the older topic (https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Alveo-Accelerator-Cards/Is-there-any-example-codes-for-U25/td-p/1201004) as your question is focused on the U25 and the SFP functionality using Vivado, while the previous topic was more broad on reference designs.

There is a GT/QSFP example for the U50 in the Alveo Vivado lounge, however this is a very different card than the U25 (as well as the differences between the QSFP and SFP). Let me see what information I can find on this.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution! *
JohnFedakIV

Hi @dlkann,

In looking into this, the U25 is a specialized card and detailed information for it is limited. With this, please reach out to your sales channel for questions on the U25.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
dlkann
Visitor
Visitor

Hi John,

I have reached out but have not received any reply. 

Again, without the information on how to interface to the SFP28s, I am dead in the water.  I'd appreciate any help or even just a good suggestion here ...

Dave

0 Kudos
JohnFedakIV

Hi @dlkann ,

Thank you for the feedback, I'm going to send you a DM to understand the situation better.

Regards,
~John

0 Kudos
erliang
Visitor
Visitor

i want to download GT/QSFP example for the U50 in the Alveo Vivado lounge,  however  i can't get it .could you please tell me if there are any other methods to get it?can i find it in the github?

0 Kudos