Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nthomas
Visitor
Visitor

U25 board file wrong for Ethernet

Jump to solution

Using the Vivado "Board" menu in IpIntegrator Bloock Design to add the "QSFP Connector 0" or "QSFP Connector 1" produces the error "ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3461] Value 'Quad_X1Y12' is out of the range for parameter 'GT Selection(GT_GROUP_SELECT)' for BD Cell 'xxv_ethernet_0' . Valid values are - Quad_X0Y1, Quad_X0Y2, Quad_X0Y3, Quad_X0Y4"

I am trying to add a 10G/25G Ethernet Subsystem. I am using the latest U25 board file (board schema_version="2.1" vendor="xilinx.com" name="au25")

In the board file "preset.xml" the preset Quads used for qsfp0 and qsfp1 are Quad_X1Y12 and Quad_X1Y11 respectively.

Looking into the Re-customize IP of this block manually, it is not possible to select Quad_X1[N], only QUAD_X0[N].

Is this an issue with the preset.xml file, or are the QSFP connectors truely on Quad_X1Y12 and Quad_X1Y11? If so, how can I connect to them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnFedakIV

Hi @nthomas ,

Thank you for highlighting. This is is an issue with the board files, I checked with the team and they are working on updating them - I don't have a timeline for a fix and will update this topic when I have more information.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution! *

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnFedakIV

Hi @nthomas ,

Thank you for highlighting. This is is an issue with the board files, I checked with the team and they are working on updating them - I don't have a timeline for a fix and will update this topic when I have more information.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

JohnFedakIV

Hi @nthomas ,

I've received an update on this that the team is hoping to have the U25 board files updated and posted to the lounge by mid-May.

Regards,
~John

0 Kudos