UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

how to fully program a u250 ?

I just acquired an alveo u250 board and I would like to port an existing vcu118 design to it. This design has pcie, ddr and fiber interfaces on it already and I'd like to use the full resources of the chip instead of letting some of it go to the static portion for SD support.

I understand that this is not fully supported so I'm trying to understand if there is any hard stops to prevent this. Is it possible to just use the board as if it's a regular dev kit ala vcu118 without needing or using any of the SD support.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer marc1990
Observer

Re: how to fully program a u250 ?

You can create a new vivado project and select U250 and just at your hardware/IPs. You will have access to all resources.

After that you can program the card SPI NOR flash via management interface.

You can find the instruction(UG1289) and also XDC files here: https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/alveo/u250.html#documentation