UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

u250 not listed in lspci on lenovo thinkstation p520

I plugged the active cooled u250 into a 16x pcie slot next to a gpu. When I power up, the 3 colored leds blink a little and then the blue programmed led comes on. I can also connect to the card with usb/jtag and program it with a bit file I made myself after the fact.

The problem is lspci doesn't see the card even without the jtag cable disconnected. It comes up & get programmed but no lspci output.

Any suggestions?

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer ivank33
Observer

Re: u250 not listed in lspci on lenovo thinkstation p520

I managed to make a U250 work in a P520.

Have you checked the BIOS settings for the PCIe slot where you put the U250? (e.g. is the slot enabled?)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: u250 not listed in lspci on lenovo thinkstation p520

Hi @muzaffer -

Was the card visible in lspci with the Golden image (i.e. prior to loading any custom bit file)?   If you can revert to Golden (via instructions at https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71757.html) and check that will help determine the problem set.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos