cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

How to re-org the Design Tools category?

Based on some feadbacks from our users, we would re-org our Design Tools category. Please let us know your idea by replying this message.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: How to re-org the Design Tools category?

I asked several questions in the forum but I did not have the answer I do not understand why
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe split it into three categories...

1) ISE Design Tools, design entry, synthesis, implementation, timing...

2) Other Design Tools, DSP, EDK, Platform Studio, PlanAhead...

3) Simulation Tools, ISIM, MXE...

Keeps simulation only issues from getting into the implementation areas....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I just hope that we can have a category for Configure...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

kaitokid wrote:
I just hope that we can have a category for Configure...

that sounds like a winner. especially with the problems common in newer versions of ISE.  No offense or anything, but when i (excitedly) told everyone of my friends that i bought the Spartan 3e starter kit, they told me i shoulda went with an altera. Maybe some more support for the design tools would encourage users to use them more, and encourage your devs to release more quality software?

Humbly(hehe),

Laserbeak43

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The Design Tools Category should be re-organized to give the users of all technical levels

the maximum benefit of their projects and also recruiting new XILINX Users and ramping

them up to expert level with a staged tutorial process that is a free online Interative Course

is automated to provision TUTORIAL VIDEOS, FREE TOOLS, FREE DEVELOPMENT BOARD,

STAGED LESSON TESTING, and make it a game where each user is pipelined through this

tutorial intereactive courseware online until they reach an EXPERT LEVEL (say a 1000 skill level),

then have extremely advanced users interact in the 2000+ skills level, and Guru XILINX PhD's

interact in the 3000's skills level and tutorial and tools and development board League.

Sort of like an online College, but when you reach 5000, you get to sell your Startup Company

for $350 Million. You can do it XILINX. Hurry up, TABULA  and ALTERA are gaining on you !!!

Michael Hughes
               August 10th, 2008
                   RESUME: http://www.devbistro.com/resumes/mwhres@hotmail.com
                   RESUME: http://www.cjhunter.com/HM157548

LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/verilogfpga

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

One particular scheme I like for FPGA forums is that for FPGACentral: http://www.fpgacentral.com/forum

The forum offers some ideas to enhance not just the Design Tools category, but the rest of the other categories as well.  For example:

1) Replace "General Discussion" with "General" and include sub-categories similar as this forum (news, announcements, upcoming events, Xilinx.com questions, etc)

2) Replace "Design Tools" with "Design Tools and Flows" and include "Installation, Project Navigator, Synthesis, Place and Route, Timing Closure, Simulation, Configuration, Others" sub-categories. 

3) Create new "DSP Solutions" main category and create new sub-categories "SysGen, AccelDSP, DSP IP, Others" (consider removing DSP IP from Intellectual Property category, for the sake of reducing the risk of redundancy)

4) Create new "Support and Training" main category, with sub-categories such as "Customer Education Courses Feedback, WebCast Feedback, Technical Support Feedback, Others"

-blackkeymaestro

Message Edited by blackkeymaestro on 11-05-2008 02:05 AM
0 Kudos