cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

syntax checking attachments before acceptance?

This weekend I tried to attach a Verilog source code file to a forum post, and the file attachment was rejected because 'content (text/x-verilogsrc) does not match its file extension'.  Well, the file most certainly was a Verilog source code file which was edited in, saved by, and synthesised by ISE.  Is this a problem (i.e. bug) for the forum software team, or is there an implicit message to attach only .ZIP files?

The file which was rejected has been ZIPped and attached in .ZIP wrapper.  You should be able to duplicate my results.

Here is the screen grab:

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Bob,

I have tested out the s6_forum_top.v file you attached in a ZIP wrapper. I did not run into the same issue and was able to attach it without getting a warning.

Just to further troubleshoot when you edited the post did you remove and add different verilog files to your post, or just the one file?

Best,

Alexis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

I have tested out the s6_forum_top.v file you attached in a ZIP wrapper. I did not run into the same issue and was able to attach it without getting a warning.

I'll try it again...

Nope... same problem.  I'll try IE9 next chance I get.

forums_file check fail.png

Just to further troubleshoot when you edited the post did you remove and add different verilog files to your post, or just the one file?

Just the one file.  And the problem was repeatable.

A question remains -- what syntax checking is done?  Can you elaborate on this?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Well, it looks like file attach works better/differently in IE9 vs. Firefox 8.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Bob,

I am not seeing the same issue in Firefox 8 since that was the browser I tested in. As for:

A question remains -- what syntax checking is done?  Can you elaborate on this?

I will look into this further, as I have not come across this error.

Best,

Alexis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Alexis, I'm surprised and disappointed that file attach

• works for you, using Firefox 8
  • does not work for me, using Firefox 8
  • works for me, using IE9

I would prefer a more simple this does / does not work matrix.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Just updated from Mozilla Firefox 8.0.0 to just-released Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1, and the problem is still with me.

I can upload/attach a .vhd (VHDL) source code file, but not a .v (Verilog) source code file.  I tried a few different .v source code files.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I am also able to upload the file on FF9.0.1/Vista without any problems. See attached.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Bob,

Thank you for looking into this further after your upgrade to 9.0.1. I have our Community vendor looking into the issue for Firefox 8.0 currently. It does not look like a straight forward answer so far, but I will keep you posted as to the progress.

Best,
Alexis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

I have our Community vendor looking into the issue for Firefox 8.0 currently. It does not look like a straight forward answer so far, but I will keep you posted as to the progress.

Alexis,

If this is a problem which affects only me or my user account (and for the moment, that appears to be the case), I understand that this particular problem may not deserve the highest level of urgency.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos