cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abdel21
Visitor
Visitor

Hello everybody, I have a little problem wuith the synth...

Hello everybody,

I have a little problem wuith the synthesis of my design when i am going to synthesize the report indicate me that i have a warning
WARNING:Xst:2734 - Property "use_dsp48" is not applicable for this technology.
I don't now what to do wuit this problem , i research in the xilinx's sopport web i  don't  find nothing.

I hope that somebody can help me.

Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
gszakacs
Instructor
Instructor

I'm going to assume that this warning is generated by a COREgen module in your design and you are not using one of the latest versions of Virtex that contain DSP48's.  If this is the case you can safely ignore the warning.  Any COREgen module that can use DSP48's generally uses this attribute to direct the synthesis tools whether or not to use them.  If you selected not to use them when you customized your IP, and if you are using for example Spartan 3 this is the only possibility, then COREgen still sets the property (to FALSE), but synthesis complains that the property (FALSE or TRUE) is not appropriate for your part.
-- Gabor
0 Kudos
abdel21
Visitor
Visitor

I'm not use a COREGEN

going to assume that this warning is generated by a COREgen module in your design and you are not using one of the latest versions of Virtex that contain DSP48's.  If this is the case you can safely ignore the warning.  Any COREgen module that can use DSP48's generally uses this attribute to direct the synthesis tools whether or not to use them.  If you selected not to use them when you customized your IP, and if you are using for example Spartan 3 this is the only possibility, then COREgen still sets the property (to FALSE), but synthesis complains that the property (FALSE or TRUE) is not appropriate for your part.
0 Kudos
abdel21
Visitor
Visitor

I'm not use a COREGENgen module

going to assume that this warning is generated by a COREgen module in your design and you are not using one of the latest versions of Virtex that contain DSP48's.  If this is the case you can safely ignore the warning.  Any COREgen module that can use DSP48's generally uses this attribute to direct the synthesis tools whether or not to use them.  If you selected not to use them when you customized your IP, and if you are using for example Spartan 3 this is the only possibility, then COREgen still sets the property (to FALSE), but synthesis complains that the property (FALSE or TRUE) is not appropriate for your part.
0 Kudos
abdel21
Visitor
Visitor

I'm not use a COREGENgen module but

0 Kudos
abdel21
Visitor
Visitor

I'm not use a COREGENgen module but I

0 Kudos
abdel21
Visitor
Visitor

I'm not use a COREGENgen module but I use

0 Kudos
abdel21
Visitor
Visitor

I'm not use a COREgen module but I use one made by myself and I get this warning using spartan 3. This happens when I use ise 9.2i but when I use ise 7.2i with the same design this warning does not appear.

0 Kudos