UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor general-zod
Visitor

ISE operating system support... why Windows Vista Business edition?

Hello,

Can ISE 9.2i work with Windows Vista Home edition? The Xilinx website... mentions that 9.2i only works with Vista Business edition (32-bits)... anyone actually use ISE (webpack) with Vista Home edition? Any problems... issues... crashes...?

Thanks!

-=G. ZOD=-
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Visitor greedyjoel
Visitor

Re: ISE operating system support... why Windows Vista Business edition?

Hello...

I'm using the ISE 9.2i Webpack on Vista Home Premium (32bit).  Everything runs fine, except for the simulation. 
When I get to simulate, it shows this in the Sim Console:

IPC connection failed port=50898 hostname=localhost
This is a Lite version of ISE Simulator.

Each time that I've tried to simulate, it shows a different port number.  
A little help or recomendation would be great.

Thanks.
Newbie doakley

Im using Vista Home Premium and Im having problems with the Simulator also. I've been trying to do the quick start tutorial and every time I go through it I get 2 EERORs: Simulator:170 and Simulator:198. When I click on the 170 ERROR to see how to fix the problem, it says that it did not match and documents. When I click on the 198 ERROR there is an answer but it seems like they aRE making it more complicated then it show be. I dont even know where to add the all of the code that they want me to add.
I tryed calling them but they switched over to doing everything on the web. I know have to wait 24 hours for them to approve me so that I can ask a question on the web. This is a real let down on their part...
0 Kudos
Newbie zhengki

i am using xilinx ise 9.1.03 on windows vista home premium
and i cant simulate too but the error is always 606.
0 Kudos
Newbie dvrosecpld

ISE webpack 9.2i crashes when I run the fitter report. I don't know if Xilinx is planning a patch for this. I hope so.
0 Kudos
Newbie dvrosecpld

I am also experiencing difficulties. I have purchased the coolrunner 2 starter kit, installed the web pack, downloaded the latest web pack, downloaded the latest service pack, and when I go to the fitter report poof ise disappears. I now see that Xilinx doesn't support vista home premium. Great! so what is an engineer to do to learn new tools. I was hoping that Xilinx has some intention about supporting this in the future and not making me pay for vista buisness cause I will look at altera's web site for starter kits and forget this 30 hours of wasted time.
0 Kudos
Visitor mmoo9154
Visitor

Re: ERROR:Simulator:170 -- was ISE operating system support... why Windows Vista Business edition?

doakley,

I can't speak to ISE and Vista (although I suspect it works just fine), I do have a fix for your ERROR:Simulator:170 problem.  I had this problem as well just now using the ISE Simulator.  It seems the tool can't figure out what's up to date and what's not.  The text of the error message implies that the design was compiled with the "-incremental" option.  (You may not have noticed unless you scrolled waaaay to the right and read the whole message.)  As best I can tell, this has nothing to do with the error.

The fix is to "touch" the source file it complains about.  I just open the file, add a space, delete the space, and re-save the file.  Then you can "Simulate Behavioral Model" and the error will go away.  NOTE: you may have to repeat this trick for a number of source files.  <sigh>  If someone out there knows how to tell the ISE Simulator to "rebuild all", I would definitely like to know.

Hope this gets you going.

-Mark
0 Kudos

I am also facing a 606 Simulation error with ISE 9.1.03i on Windows Vista Home Basic
0 Kudos