cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lvcargnini
Visitor
Visitor

Problems with ISE 9.2i in Linux (Gentoo)

Dear Fellows,

Please I installed,applied the patchs and service packs and now are running an ISE 9.2.03i on my Gentto Linux.
When I open the ISE, Iget the following errors on console (inside ISE and command-line on shell):
ERROR:ProjectMgmt - TOE: ITclInterp::ExecuteCmd gave Tcl result 'can't read "::xilinx::Dpm::DeviceFieldType::NoFieldType": no such variable'.
Tcl_ErrnoId: unknown error
Tcl_ErrnoMsg: Succès
_cmd: ::xilinx::Dpm::dpm_devFamilyPMNamePropertyDependency $piThisInterface
errorInfo: can't read "::xilinx::Dpm::DeviceFieldType::NoFieldType": no such variable
    while executing
"set type $::xilinx::Dpm::DeviceFieldType::NoFieldType"
    (procedure "_VerifyDeviceData" line 6)
    invoked from within
"_VerifyDeviceData $_family"
    (procedure "_MapFamilyToPMName" line 4)
    invoked from within
"_MapFamilyToPMName $family"
    (procedure "::xilinx::Dpm::dpm_devFamilyPMNamePropertyDependency" line 8)
    invoked from within
"::xilinx::Dpm::dpm_devFamilyPMNamePropertyDependency $piThisInterface"
ERROR:ProjectMgmt - TOE: ITclInterp::ExecuteCmd gave Tcl result 'can't read "::xilinx::Dpm::DeviceFieldType::NoFieldType": no such variable'.
Tcl_ErrnoId: unknown error
Tcl_ErrnoMsg: Succès
_cmd: ::xilinx::Dpm::dpm_devDevicePropertyDependency $piThisInterface
errorInfo: can't read "::xilinx::Dpm::DeviceFieldType::NoFieldType": no such variable
    while executing
"set type $::xilinx::Dpm::DeviceFieldType::NoFieldType"
    (procedure "_VerifyDeviceData" line 6)
    invoked from within
"_VerifyDeviceData $_family"
    (procedure "_GetDevices" line 2)
    invoked from within
"_GetDevices $family"
    (procedure "::xilinx::Dpm::dpm_devDevicePropertyDependency" line 8)
    invoked from within
"::xilinx::Dpm::dpm_devDevicePropertyDependency $piThisInterface"
ERROR:ProjectMgmt - Dpm::CTransformEngine::CTransformEngine_ITransformEngine::CreateTransformsForView - Existing transform binding has no output view.

I seems to be an error on TCL, please someone knows how could I fix this problem ?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
endab
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This problem tend sot happen when migrating a project. Possible workarounds are to run clean-up project files or rebuild the project. Failing this try to re-install but the OS is unsupported.
0 Kudos
lvcargnini
Visitor
Visitor

I did all this steps. I create an new project from zero but the error persists, I don't know if the problem is with my installation path (/opt/Xilinx/ISE).
I know that the OS is unsuported, but as I saying the problem is not related with the OS it seems to be related  with TCL lib.
0 Kudos
fellni

I had the same problem.
After unemerging my version of tcl (and thus using the one supplied by xilinx) every thing worked fine...

0 Kudos
dejand123
Visitor
Visitor

where did you find Xilinx's TCL ?

Thank you
0 Kudos
lvcargnini
Visitor
Visitor

yes, please where did you find the Xilinx TCL ?
0 Kudos
bryanpeterson
Visitor
Visitor

If you want to fix this I believe that you can just switch libraries (this appears to work so far using ISE 10.1 on Slackware 12.0).  You will need to replace the library /usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so with the file $XILINX/lib/lin/libtcl8.4.so which appears to be slightly modified from the distribution version.

They appear to provide their own version of the tcl shell ($XILINX/bin/lin/xtclsh) so it doesn't interfere with the system version of the tcl shell (/usr/bin/tclsh).

I haven't tested this to see if it breaks any other tcl code.  I didn't delete the original libtcl8.4.so, just renamed it, so I can return to it if I need to in the future. 

Message Edited by bryanpeterson on 05-13-2008 03:53 PM
0 Kudos