cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehigton

WARNING:Simulator:648 - "xx.vhd" Line 190. Instance ram128x8 is unbound

Jump to solution

I'm using ISE 10.1.02 (with ISim, not ModelSim) and I can't see how to fix this error.  The unbound component is a CoreGen RAM.  (I do have a CoreGen FIFO in the project, which is bound; it annoys me that I can't remember how I managed to bind it.)

Help, please!

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davehigton

bassman59 wrote:

davehigton wrote:

I'm using ISE 10.1.02 (with ISim, not ModelSim) and I can't see how to fix this error.  The unbound component is a CoreGen RAM.  (I do have a CoreGen FIFO in the project, which is bound; it annoys me that I can't remember how I managed to bind it.)

Help, please!

Dave

Do you have your library references (use clauses) correct? Did you analyze (compile) the CoreGen library and/or the RAM instance before analyzing the entity that instantiates it?

-a

It seems the root of the problem was that I was using Distributed Memory Generator version 7.1, when the current version is 3.4.  (How did those version numbers happen?!) I've deleted the old RAMs and generated them from version 3.4 instead.  Now the instances are bound.
The only problem I have is the flaky ISIM, which has just crashed /again/...
Thanks,
Dave

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bassman59
Historian
Historian

davehigton wrote:

Help, please!

Dave

Do you have your library references (use clauses) correct? Did you analyze (compile) the CoreGen library and/or the RAM instance before analyzing the entity that instantiates it?

-a

Message Edited by bassman59 on 07-31-2008 10:56 AM
----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
davehigton

bassman59 wrote:

davehigton wrote:

Help, please!

Dave

-a

It seems the root of the problem was that I was using Distributed Memory Generator version 7.1, when the current version is 3.4.  (How did those version numbers happen?!) I've deleted the old RAMs and generated them from version 3.4 instead.  Now the instances are bound.
The only problem I have is the flaky ISIM, which has just crashed /again/...
Thanks,
Dave

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
gaochaoant
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,Dave:

I'm using ISE 10.1.03(with ModelSim) and I generate FIFO(Independent Clock).Modelsim tells me that it is not bound.But I created FIFO(Common Clock) is OK.

Could you help me ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
davehigton

You'll have to look at the differences between the common clock FIFO that works OK, and the independent clock FIFO that fails.  Did you create them with the same version of FIFO generator?  Did you provide inputs to both clocks?

My original problem was quite simple: I used a version of memory generator incompatble with the rest of the tool chain.  The FIFO that I used was a common clock type.

Dave

0 Kudos