UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor azizcelebi
Visitor

mig 2.2 ucf modification

Hi,

Iam trying to generate MIG to work on ML501 board. Generated ucf does not match boards pin location. how could I solve this problem? Can I modify ucf manually or is there any program to modify ucf? MIG version is 2.2.

Regards,

Aziz Celebi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Re: mig 2.2 ucf modification

If your problem is starting from an earlier MIG version pinout you may want to check out this thread:

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=OTHERIP&message.id=103#M103

Regards,

Gabor 

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you don't want to go through the process yourself, you can download the MIG reference design for the ML501 board from the ML501 web site. It should have everything you need.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml501/mig.htm

Cheers,

Jim

Message Edited by jimwu on 07-14-2008 10:42 AM
Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Visitor azizcelebi
Visitor

When I generate MIG in version 2.2 , generated ucf does not match board pinout. Iam trying to edit ucf file that matches board pinout, but I do not know that other constraints match or not. I want to find best method about this to change ucf. Is Perl script available for version 2.2 ?

Thanks,

Aziz Celebi

0 Kudos
Newbie weekhee

I have the simliar problem with my custom V4-FX20 board. The perl script found in MPMC 4.02.a doesn't seem to convert the mig_22.ucf file generated by MIG v2.2 very well. Is the a manual way to convert the ucf file generated by MIG v2.2?
0 Kudos
Newbie jogistegma

The perl script "convert_ucf" converts my MIG v2.2 after some patches / updates (AR31081, AR31286, AR29261) quite good. At least translate stage now can read and use all constraints. But map/place shows "ERROR:Place:292" (due to incorrect RLOC constraints), and if I remove these, I massively fail timing (on a V5 SXT95-1). Running everthing without any MIG v2.2 generated timing constraints (so only the main clock timing constraints set) gives a perfect timing. But I haven't tested it yet on HW.

On the MIG/MPMC ucf translation I've started a WebCase.

0 Kudos