UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor adnanabbasi
Visitor

CPLD XC95144XL capacity

Hi, everyone

I got a problem in making a buffer vector in this CPLD. I need a vector of length 256 bits. When I synthesize my code it says that CPLD is running out of resources. So it cant fit it into the targat device.

Can any one explain what does it means when Xilinx datasheet "ds054" says that XC95144XL has 144 macrocells and 144 registers.??

Are these registers are 8-bit registers or they are supposed to store 1-bit.?

In a nutshell..... I need to know How long a vector can be for this device.??

If it is really running out of resources and it is incapable of storing these number of bits then is there anyother CPLD with same package that can do this??

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: CPLD XC95144XL capacity

There is no way that a buffer vector of that size will fit on the 144xl chip. The max number of registers on the 144xl can be 144 single bit registers. Every output defined in the code will take up a macrocell as well.

there is the 95288xl which would be able to fit the 256 bit vectors, but you would have only 32 macrocells remaining.

-all the best

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor adnanabbasi
Visitor

Re: CPLD XC95144XL capacity

Thanx ekrish

You cleared the ambiguity

Regards

0 Kudos