UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Barcode database - how to search by JTAG DNA?

Xilinx 2d barcode application allows device lookup via JTAG DNA, but no working example is provided for this type of search.

1st question is how to retrieve device DNA data by barcode serial number. Usually database record found by barcode SN includes DNA field, encoded as some alphanumeric value with several underscore-separated sections. How to translate this information to raw DNA 96-bit (57 bit for 7 series) value?

Second Q is about DNA format required by the search tool. I've tried both raw DNA hex string as read out by Vivado programming tools and that alphanumeric value w returned by database search. Both tries yield no results.

BTW, are there any API to automate barcode database access to get DNAs from barcode SN and vice-versa?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Barcode database - how to search by JTAG DNA?

Hi @memset

Did you checked https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67513.html ? I believe it provides all necessary information related to 2D Barcode.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

@bpatil wrote:

Hi @memset

Did you checked https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67513.html ? I believe it provides all necessary information related to 2D Barcode.

Hello!

JTAG DNA how-to is not covered by currently available materials, including AR #67513.

The only sentence related to my question is "Please contact your local sales representative for more information or 2dbarcodehelp@xilinx.com for further details."

And I've tried forums first.

0 Kudos
Participant baxter2002
Participant

Same here. How to retrieve a PL DNA from a 2D Code like: XD6MD6YIU180xxxx ?

0 Kudos