UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ccolfram
Visitor

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3347] Flash Programming Unsuccessful: Current scan chain do not match expected

Jump to solution

As I program mcf into fpga in vivado 2018.3 ,it reports  ERROR: [Labtools 27-3347] Flash Programming Unsuccessful: Current scan chain do not match expected.I can program device with bit file,but I can not add mcf into flash Memory.Sometimes it also reports hw target shutdown at the same time.Can someone help me? Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR: [Labtools 27-3347] Flash Programming Unsuccessful: Current scan chain do not match expected

Jump to solution

Hi @weener,

Im not PetaLinux Expert. Please any queries related to that post in respective Blogs.

I observed that the Nexys 4 DDR board supports QSPI Flash S25FL128S.

You have generated MCS file for BPI flash which is wrong, please generate MCS file QSPI S25FL128S Flash.

And you have selected wrong memory part while adding the Flash to JTAG chain in the GUI provided by you. Because of this you are facing this issue.

Please select S25FL128S flash like below:

spansion.JPG

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or Give Kudo or mark it as an Accepted Solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR: [Labtools 27-3347] Flash Programming Unsuccessful: Current scan chain do not match expected

Jump to solution

Hi @ccolfram,

1.Please share the Vivado Version and OS details?

2. Are you using Xilinx Board(please specify) or Custom Board?

3. Please share FPGA Full Part Number and Flash Part Number?

4. Configuration Mode? Are you using JTAG or Platform cable?

5. Is the board detecting through Vivado Hardware manager? Please share the scan chain detected through Vivado.

6.Please ensure that Flash Interface connections are correct and Flash is powered before FPGA powers up

7.please share the Snapshot of the write MCS file GUI ? ensure you are selecting correct flash part number and interface.

MCS.JPG

8.Please ensure that Correct MCS file you are using. And ensure Flash present on Board matches with the Flash part and interface options you selected while generating MCS file.

9.Ensure there are no dip in Voltages supplied to FPGA and Flash. Ensure Flash IO voltage such match the VCCO of the configuration Banks.

If possible share the schematic.

Regards,

Deepak D N

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Reply or Give Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Visitor weener
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi, I met the same problem. Can you help me? I can provide the message you need.

I am trying to build petalinux in microblaze and my board is Nexys 4 DDR.

Firstly, I build my microblaze project by following this toturial with vivado 2018.2 on win10 system: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-4-ddr-getting-started-with-microblaze-servers/start

(I do not know whether the HW setting is right for petalinux, if here are some problems please tell me)

Secondly, I followed the ug1144 and finally build mcs files on Ubuntu 16.04 with petalinux 2018.2

the command I use to generate mcs :

petalinux-package --boot \
--format MCS \
--force \
--fpga images/linux/system.bit \
--offset 0x000000 \
--flash-size 1024 \
--flash-intf BPIx16 \
--output test01.mcs

and finally, I do not know how to download this mcs file into my board. So I tried to copy it into my microblaze vivado project and download it by using hardware manager. Here is a picture I can show you. 

And I got this error: ERROR: [Labtools 27-3347] Flash Programming Unsuccessful: Current scan chain do not match expected

Here are the message maybe useful:

1.Vivado Version 2018.2 and win10 (I also have this version on Ubuntu 2016.04)

2. I am using Xilinx Board (Nexys4 DDR)

3. FPGA Full Part Number is xc7a100tcsg324-1 and Flash Part Number is S25FL128S

4. I am using JTAG

"Please ensure that Flash Interface connections are correct and Flash is powered before FPGA powers up

please share the Snapshot of the write MCS file GUI ? ensure you are selecting correct flash part number and interface."

I do not understand this two very well and do not know where to do this. But I realy need to figure this problem out.

Please help me!

Thank you so much!

And I provide my vivado project, maybe you download and help find the problem.

1546588450(1).png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @weener,

Im not PetaLinux Expert. Please any queries related to that post in respective Blogs.

I observed that the Nexys 4 DDR board supports QSPI Flash S25FL128S.

You have generated MCS file for BPI flash which is wrong, please generate MCS file QSPI S25FL128S Flash.

And you have selected wrong memory part while adding the Flash to JTAG chain in the GUI provided by you. Because of this you are facing this issue.

Please select S25FL128S flash like below:

spansion.JPG

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

Please reply or Give Kudo or mark it as an Accepted Solution.

0 Kudos