UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Tandem PROM - Need help

Highlighted
Observer

Tandem PROM - Need help

Hello,

I successfully generated a tandem PROM bitstream.

When the kintex ultrascale device is configured straight from Vivado with it, everything works fine.

Also when the tandem bitstream is separated in Stage 1 and Stage 2 using:

set_property HD.TANDEM_BITSTREAMS SEPARATE [current_design]

the workflow "Load Stage 1 -> Reboot -> Load Stage 2 -> Use Design" works fine.

However, loading it from an external n25q256 flash does not work. It seems like only the Stage 1 is loaded, because loading Stage 2 during runtime makes everything work again.
The hardware (and configurations) is ok i guess, since the PROM FPAG configuration process works fine when tandem is deactivated and the XDC is basically the same (except for the CONFIG_MODE parameter):

set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.CONFIGRATE 33 [current_design]
set_property CONFIG_VOLTAGE 3.3 [current_design]
set_property CFGBVS VCCO [current_design]
set_property CONFIG_MODE {SPIx4} [current_design]
set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_32BIT_ADDR YES [current_design]
set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH 4 [current_design]
set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_FALL_EDGE YES [current_design]

The mode pins are set to SPI-Mode. Stage 1 contains Bank 0 and 65. sys_reset is configured to use a pullup.

The MCAP interface is disabled and the mcap_design_switch unused. ICAP is also not used.

cap_gnt <= '0';
cap_rel <= '1';

How I generate the bin file

write_cfgmem -force -format bin -size 32 -interface SPIx4 -loadbit "up 0x0 input.bit" output.bin

After "Boot from Configuration Memory Device" + Reboot of the System

REGISTER.BOOT_STATUS = 0x01
REGISTER.CONFIG_STATUS = 0x409079FC

It seems like something is stopping the Stage 2 stream from beeing successfully loaded. Or could it be a reset problem?

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction,

Thanks

Re: Tandem PROM - Need help

tandem prom with spi is having an issue in 2016.4 vivado. This is fixed in 2017.1 which is released

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html

Observer

Re: Tandem PROM - Need help

Hmm, even now that I know, I cannot seem to find any report about this issue and it is also not listed in 2017.1 resolved issus. 
Can you please post the source.

Thanks.