UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie mallika@1

The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142).

I am a New User of XILINX tool, I have recently installed Xilinx 14.7 Compatible to My PC (Windows 10, 64 bit OS).

Tool was working Fine for Coding Purpose, but while trying to open iMPACT to flash the Component with XILINX Programming Cable a popup window(attached Screenshot) showing "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142)."

Any Suggestions to Solve this Problem?

Thanks in Advance

Xilinx Error.PNG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142).

Hi mallika@1

I believe you have downloaded Xilinx ISE 14.7 setup from https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools/v2012_4---14_7.html 

2018-12-18 22_00_57-Downloads.png

Kindly note Windows 10 version supports Spartan®-6 FPGAs only.

Xilinx ISE 14.7 and IMPACT 14.7 Lab tools are not officially supported for Windows 10. So, you need to use workaround provided at https://www.xilinx.com/suppor t/answers/62380.html for Xilinx ISE 14.7 to make it work on Windows 10 platform.

To make work IMPACT 14.7 Labtools in Windows 10 try below workaround:

1. Open the following directory: <install_path>\ LabTools\LabTools\lib\nt64
  2. Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig
  3. Make a copy of libPortabilityNOSH.dll (copy and paste it to the same directory) and rename it libPortability.dll
  4. Copy libPortabilityNOSH.dll again, but this time navigate to <install_path>\ LabTools\common\lib\nt64 and paste it there
  5. In <install_path>\ LabTools\common\lib\nt64 Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig
  6. Rename libPortabilityNOSH.dll to libPortability.dll
Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer sapril1229
Observer

I have been using ISE 14.7 for the past year with the published workaround.  All was well until Windows 10 released KB4489886 (OS Build 16299.1029).  After that, I now get this message during the "Generate Bitstream" part of the build process.  

1.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem (so far I know of one other person besides me)?

2.  Is there a fix for it other than uninstalling the update? 

0 Kudos
Newbie kassiamily

You can try to uninstall and reinstall the software, or use ChKDSK Command.

If it doesn't work, you may need to use ChKDSK Command, but before doing this, you must backup your data in advance.

0 Kudos
Newbie kassiamily

If you think it is helpful and you want to know more dfetails about the  step. you can go to the URL: https://www.r-datarecovery.com/fix-the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly.html

0 Kudos