UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor xc3030
Visitor

[XACTstep] Xilinx Parallel port hardware key types

Hi all, I'm new to the forums.

I have installed XACTstep 6 with Xilinx PROseries and Xilinx foundation(active-cad) In a computer that I prepares for that purpose but I have come across some problems when trying to read my xilinx hardware keys from xkey.exe, it doesn't find any hardware key attached.

At first I was using a dell GX1 (W98 SE), with the built In parallel port In ECP mode but xkey.exe didn't find any hardware key attached. After that try I installed an addon parallel port and configured it In SPP mode, but still no luck.

I think that maybe I'm not using the right hardware key. Please, may someone tell me how many types of parallel port hardware keys exist, or give me some directions? I know of the black ones (I have these), but its part number search doesn't result In anything. I know that also exist white cream ones with the Xilinx logo engraved In the plástic, but this appear to be Sentinel type, and I don't know if xkey.exe reads them.

Edit:searching more In the Internet I've read that I need a Xilinx C key, and then I remembered reading something long ago related with Xilinx AA and Xilinx AB keys, but I don't know which one is which one.

I attach a picture that I found In the Internet of a hardware key which is physically equal to mine.

Thanks

Jorge

s-l1600.jpg
0 Kudos