UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie gary@xilinx

Xilinx Impact for Windows 10 - 32 bits.

Hi,

I have a PC with Windows 10 -32 bits (reason: I have older programmers from Microsemi that won't run in Windows 10 -64 bits). I could install Xilinx ISE 14.7 with only \nt installed (windows crashed showing the blue screen before installing \nt64 and then restarting) thankfully Impact installed and runs but doesn't recognize my DLC10 programmer. It says that no cable is detected. If I run install_drivers.exe windows crashes with showing the blue screen and restarts. How can I get Impact detect my programmer? Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mentor xilinxacct
Mentor

Re: Xilinx Impact for Windows 10 - 32 bits.

gary@xilinx

All the current OS support is 64 bit ... https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54242.html

But there is a note... Note: 32-bit machine support is now only available through Hardware Server standalone product installers.

Please mark as solution accepted to close the issue. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

0 Kudos
Newbie gary@xilinx

Re: Xilinx Impact for Windows 10 - 32 bits.

Thank you for your reply xilinxacct,

I downloaded the Vivado 2018.3 32-bit Hardware server for windows and installed it per the README file and when I run the install_drivers_wrapper file I get the blue screen with the :( sad face and message "your PC run into a problem and needs to restart..." I need to run Impact on this machine to program CPLDs. My custom computer is a gigabyte mother board with an AMD A8 microprocessor and 8GB (but only 4G recognized). Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos