UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

breaking SelectMAP transmission

Hi all,

I am doing readback data on SelectMAP or ICAP in correct sequence (as stated in UG360 Table 7-2) :

write - > reading data -> write. And everything is ok.

Be specific : Virtex 6 needs dummy and 81 dwords per frame to be read.

My question is : Can i break transmission earler in reading phase on interface ? I am thinking of two scenarios :

1. read as many dwords as i need and try to initiate another transmission (without ending current transmission)

2. read as many dwords as i need , write ending sequence on interface and try to initiate another transmission.

I have done some research and what can be seen is that after first break transmission :

x_forum_question1.jpg

second transmission can not be done due to ICAP_BUSY signal asserted :

x_forum_question2.jpg

I wonder if there is any command I can issue on interface to reset SelectMAP FSM or something like that.

Thanks for any advise !

Lukas

0 Kudos
1 Reply

UltraScale+ readback capture issue

Hi All,

I am trying to perform readback capture on VCU118 (XCVU9P).

I do that through ICAP by the use of embedded logic.

I am quite familiar with this process through Virtex5/6.

My observations on US+ are:

1. issuing SHUTDOWN command - causes implementation to hang-out

what exactly do SHUTDOWN command (there is no way to get to know this from UG's) and is it necessary to perform readback capture ???

if I omitt SHUTDOWN command - performing reading from configuration memory doesn't hang the implementation

2. In the readback capture without issuing SHUTDOWN reading from particular address for seeking for a bit indicated in .ll file(Logic Location file) - frame address and offset, it seems to the bitstream doesn't correspond to registers values I know well and have possibility to change their states. I am preety sure that I am reading exactly bit of interest (use Chipscope)

I know there is different way in US+ to perform Capture CTL/MSK regs but it seems like it don't work.

are there any other factors (xdc attributes) that can influence mismatch between readback bitstream and Logic Location file ?

I know XAPP1230 and the way of performing readback via JTAG and reading whole configuration memory rather than particular frame.

Is ICAP in some kind of way defective for that purpose?

I keep MCAP disable.

Reading for example in that way IDCODE returns perfect value

please answear if someone is interested in this topic.

we can do further investigation .

thanks

Łukasz Matoga

0 Kudos