UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor chlwogns414
Visitor

configuration bin file via MCU.

Jump to solution

I was doing project by ISE. (Spartan-6)

When I did configurate bin file via MCU, and cofiguration time was about 15 seconds.

After I changed FPGA chip (Spartan-6 to Artix-7), I made bin file and configuration via MCU.

First, bin file size increased too much(800KB to 3700KB)
Second cofiguration time took more than 4 times.(about 60 seconds)

Is there way to  reduce bin file size? or anything else to reduce configuration time via MCU?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: configuration bin file via MCU.

Jump to solution

Size of config file for different FPGA chip will sure be different. 

To reduce config time, you can try: 1. compress bin file; 2. use parallel port rather than single data port, e.g. use BPIx16, or SPIx4, or SMAP.

You can learn more details on this from the Configuration User Guide.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: configuration bin file via MCU.

Jump to solution

Size of config file for different FPGA chip will sure be different. 

To reduce config time, you can try: 1. compress bin file; 2. use parallel port rather than single data port, e.g. use BPIx16, or SPIx4, or SMAP.

You can learn more details on this from the Configuration User Guide.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos