UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer nate.wang
Observer

got error "[Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status : LOW" during configuration

Jump to solution

Hi Sir,

I designed a small PCB which daisy chained total 5 JTAG devices for FPGA configuration, schematic as below :

JTAG_sch.png

On the above schematic U1 is the JTAG programing module from DIGILENT (https://store.digilentinc.com/jtag-smt2-surface-mount-programming-module/), J2/3/4/5/6 is the JTAG connectors that connect to different FPGA boards.

By using this PCB all the FPGA devices can be recognized through JTAG as below :

(for simplicity, TDI and TDO signal of J4 are shorted so only 4 FPGA devices are connected)

recog.png

However, if I try to perform configuration I got the error as below :

15MHz_TCK_series_BLM18AG121SN1-TDI-TDO-TCK3V3_series_BLM18AG121SN1_error.png

I do noticed that there is signal integrity problem on the PCB (https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Other-FPGA-Architectures/Labtools-27-3165-End-of-startup-status-LOW/td-p/731668), for example, there are glitches on the TCK signal waveform at default 15MHz configuration clock :

15MHz_TCK.png

After various trials of impedance tuning, I decided to add EMI beads on the TCK signal, then got waveforms for J2/J3/J5/J6 as below (yellow : TCK / green : TDI / blue : TDO)

• J2

15MHz_TCK_series_BLM18AG121SN1-TDI-TDO-TCK3V3_series_BLM18AG121SN1_J2.png

• J3

15MHz_TCK_series_BLM18AG121SN1-TDI-TDO-TCK3V3_series_BLM18AG121SN1_J3.png

• J5

15MHz_TCK_series_BLM18AG121SN1-TDI-TDO-TCK3V3_series_BLM18AG121SN1_J5.png

• J6

15MHz_TCK_series_BLM18AG121SN1-TDI-TDO-TCK3V3_series_BLM18AG121SN1_J6.png

To my understanding, if at the rising edge of TCK signal the high/low voltage level of TDI/TDO signals is clear, TDI signal should be able to be correctly clocked into FPGA and TDO signal should also be correct in this case, and on the above scope measurements I believe the requirement is fulfilled, am I correct ?

However, I still got the error "[Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status : LOW" during configuration, any suggestion would be very appreciated, thansk.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer nate.wang
Observer

Re: got error "[Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status : LOW" during configuration

Jump to solution

Hi Xilinxacct,

Sorry I just found a mistake in my schematic, voltage level of J2/J3 should be 3.3V not 2.5V, after fixing this issue, JTAG configuration works much more normally but I still met some problem, I will close this post and issue a new post for help, thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer nate.wang
Observer

Re: got error "[Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status : LOW" during configuration

Jump to solution

Hi Xilinxacct,

Thanks for the reply, but could you explain more about "Root cause of the issue was the clock driving some of the fpga logic including an ILA for debug was missing" ? What should I do to check whether if there is missing clock or not ? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Observer nate.wang
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Xilinxacct,

Sorry I just found a mistake in my schematic, voltage level of J2/J3 should be 3.3V not 2.5V, after fixing this issue, JTAG configuration works much more normally but I still met some problem, I will close this post and issue a new post for help, thanks.

0 Kudos