UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

what is the suitable flash used in BPI configuration for XC7K410T-1FFG900C?

Jump to solution
what is the suitable flash used in BPI configuration for XC7K410T-1FFG900C?
The flash used in the development board KC705 is PC28F00AP30TFA, which is no longer in production, which is the best choice for substitution?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: what is the suitable flash used in BPI configuration for XC7K410T-1FFG900C?

Jump to solution

Hi greatmaverick,

Please check the Ug908 Appendix C. All the Flash types which Xilinx have tested list on it.

For other Flash which are not in this table:

1. Check the vendor, if it is compatible with the type which are in the UG908

2. The customer needs to test the other flash by themselves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: what is the suitable flash used in BPI configuration for XC7K410T-1FFG900C?

Jump to solution

Hi greatmaverick,

Please check the Ug908 Appendix C. All the Flash types which Xilinx have tested list on it.

For other Flash which are not in this table:

1. Check the vendor, if it is compatible with the type which are in the UG908

2. The customer needs to test the other flash by themselves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer
Explorer

Re: what is the suitable flash used in BPI configuration for XC7K410T-1FFG900C?

Jump to solution
Thank you.
I choose to use MT28EW01GABA1LPC listed in ug908.I have 2 questions. The ADV does not exist in this flash. Should I leave the Kintex-7 FPGA's ADV pin floated? What is the meaning for high lock and low lock for the flash.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi,
Refer to UG#470 for correct usage of configuration pins.
From UG#470

Address Valid (bar)
Active-Low address valid output signal for a parallel NOR flash.
• For BPI mode with flash that support an address valid input: Connect the FPGA ADV_B to the parallel NOR flash address valid input pin and connect to an external ≤ 4.7 kΩ pull-up resistor to VCCO_15. For BPI mode with flash that do not support an address valid input: Do not connect the ADV_B pin.
• For all other modes: ADV_B is high-Z, and can be left
unconnected.

High lock and low lock are for the block protection. Check the flash datasheet for more details.

Thanks
Harshit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thank you.

After reading the datasheet of the NOR flash MT28EW01GABA1xPC-0AAT. I have two more questions. 

1) Should I float the FPGA's CCLK pin because the flash  MT28EW01GABA1xPC-0AAT does not contain CLK pin.

2) Can I tie the Vpp/WP# pin of MT28EW01GABA1xPC-0AAT to VCC of (2.7~3.6)V, instead of the VHH of (8.5~9.5)V? because I think program and erase can operate with the Vpp/WP# pin tied to VCC with a slower speed than VHH. But how slow it is? 

Please confirm my understanding.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Is the pin RY/nBY of MT28EW01GABA1xPC-0AAT useful when configure kintex7 FPGA? Can I leave it float?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi greatmaverick,

Actually, we are not familar with this flash devices. But here are some suggestions.

First, you need to make sure what's your application, do you only want to boot from this Flash or also want to control it by your logic?

If it is only a boot device for your FPGA, the typical circuit are listed in the UG470, Figure 2-17 and Figure 2-20. 

But if you want to use it after FPGA booting, you should further understand this device, and to know how to connect the pins you mentioned.

For CCLK Pin, we support two BPI Configuration Interfaces, one is Synchronous and the other is Asynchronous. The cclk is needed in the Synchronous.

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
I only use this flash to download the configuration file and configure FPGA on powering up.
Thank you
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Check the following XAPP https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp587-bpi-fast-configuration.pdf It has all the Xilinx requirements and schematic(Page#8).

Please refer to it.

Thanks
Harshit
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.