UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor amiralihbb
Visitor

Error in Point-to-point Ethernet Hardware Co-simulation on Costume made FPGA Board

Hello Everyone,

I have designed a Virtex 4 FPGA board for myself with an ethernet interface (MARVEL 88e1111). I can define my board to do the hardware co-simulation with JTAG, 

I wonder if I can make Ethernet hardware co-simulation with ethernet cable by defining my own board to it. 

Thanks a lot. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Re: Error in Point-to-point Ethernet Hardware Co-simulation on Costume made FPGA Board

Hi,

probably not.

You just don't have the core that performs the data transfer and synchronisation for HW-Cosim over LAN for your FPGA and board.

That part is limited to just a few boards and unfortunately crippled to 7 hours runtime due to the IP-core eval license of the trimac that is used. (see other forum threads about this issue)

It's sad that this nice feature is handled so bad by Xilinx.

Is there a V4 board that supports HW-cosim over LAN at all?

If so, the only chance would be to use exactly the same device with exactly the same external circuitry for LAN access down to the used I/O pins and clock setup.

Have a nice simulation

Eilert

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Error in Point-to-point Ethernet Hardware Co-simulation on Costume made FPGA Board

hardware co-simulation for custom board is not supported . Only listed board supported.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Visitor amiralihbb
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. 

I will find other way to solve my issues

0 Kudos
Visitor amiralihbb
Visitor

Dear Balkris,

You are merely wrong. Everyone can define his own board by using New Compilation Target. 

I have done this for 3 years using JTAG. I want to use costume hardware co-sim with ethernet. 

0 Kudos