UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant lifeatthesharpend
Participant

Interpolation FIR vs Interpolated FIR

In the Xilinx FIR compiler there are 2 options for filter type, one is interpolation FIR the other is Interpolated FIR what exactly is the difference and what are the advantages to either. I cannot find any documentation that describes each one independently. The settings seem to not change.

2nd question. It's not clear in the documentation about the coeeficients that are used. I'm assuming that they are for the new upsampled frequency? so the Normalized freuency transfer function is of the interpolated sample rate and not of the original sample rate?

LD.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Interpolation FIR vs Interpolated FIR

Hi

Did you looked at ds534 Interpolated FIR Filter section  where it explains about this.

The interpolated FIR is a sigle rate system while the interpolation is used in rate change sytems(ie multirate)

There is no inherent rate change when using an interpolated filter – the input rate is

the same as the output rate.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant lifeatthesharpend
Participant

As I stated in the original email Yes I did look at the documentation. 

You never really answered the original question. 

So, can you tell me : Is the main difference is that one inserts zeros in the coeffecients a0, 0, 0, 0, a1, 0, 0, 0, a2.... ( between each coeffiecient) and the other adds zeros between each data sample? xn, 0, 0, 0, x(n+1), 0, 0, 0,  x(n+2)... Other than that are they the same?

Leonard. 

0 Kudos
Visitor molihua06
Visitor

i have the same question .

Is the main difference is that one inserts zeros in the coeffecients a0, 0, 0, 0, a1, 0, 0, 0, a2.... ( between each coeffiecient) and the other adds zeros between each data sample? xn, 0, 0, 0, x(n+1), 0, 0, 0,  x(n+2)... Other than that are they the same?

0 Kudos