UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

[Model Composer] New Simulink add-on from Xilinx

Model Composer is a Xilinx toolbox that enables rapid design exploration within the MathWorks Simulink® environment and accelerates the path to production through automatic code generation that extends the Xilinx High Level Synthesis technology.

The Model Composer library in Simulink offers more than 80 high-level and performance-optimized blocks including application-specific reVISION libraries for computer vision and HLS libraries for Math, Trigonometry and Linear Algebra. You can also import your own custom blocks written in C and C++, which are subsequently processed by Vivado HLS. With support for vectors, matrices and easier integration with Simulink and add-on toolbox features, algorithm engineers can build system-level designs and work at a higher-level of abstraction.

Through automatic code generation, you can export your design into

• Vivado HLS ( as synthesizable C/C++ code with automatic insertion of optimization directives)
  • Vivado IP Integrator (as packaged RTL IP)
  • System Generator for DSP

Want a quick introduction to Model Composer ? Check out this short Product Overview video

matlab-web.png

Documentation & Tutorials

2 Replies

Add board to Model Composer

Hi

I install my board (Zybo Z7-20) files to <VIVADO_INSTALL_DIR>/data/boards/board_files. I can select my board in vivado and system generator, BUT I can't see it in Model Composer Hub (in Device tab). can you help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Add board to Model Composer

Hello 

To view your custom board in the Model Composer Hub (Device Tab) please do the following

• Launch Model Composer
  • In the MATLAB Command Prompt, please enter the following 

>> [status, boardTable, partTable] =  xmcHubReloadDeviceInfo;

• After the function executes successfully, double check that your new board or device is in the "boardTable", or "partTable" list.
  • Then, please restart Model Composer.
  • You should see the new board or device in the Hub

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks

Uttara