UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor grass_be
Visitor

System Generator GUI Socket Server Timeout

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am working with SysGen in Vivado 2014.4 and MATLAB R2014b under Win7.
Since a recent crash of simulink, i cannot work with SysGen at all.

When I start up MATLAB (via SysGen icon) and open up a new simulink model / load an existing one, i get this warning in the command line of MATLAB:

Warning: The System Generator GUI socket server timedout while waiting for an incoming socket connection. To tune the acceptTimeout value in the xlServerSocketOptions.m file. The xlServerSocketOptions.m file is on your MATLAB path and can be edited by typing 'edit xlServerSocketOptions.m' in the MATLAB console.
Warning: The following error was caught while executing 'xlSocketServer_impl' class destructor:
Java exception occurred:
java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.xilinx.sysgen.socketinterface.RawSocketLayer.close(RawSocketLayer.java:133)

> In C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.4\Vivado\2014.4\scripts\sysgen\matlab\xlSocketServer_impl.p>xlSocketServer_impl.getInstance at 114
In C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.4\Vivado\2014.4\scripts\sysgen\matlab\xlSocketServer.p>xlSocketServer.xlSocketServer at 45
In xlmeta_start>loadServers at 38
In xlmeta_start at 20
In general\private\openmdl at 12
In general\private\openslx at 9
In open at 158
In uiopen at 167

After this, no changing of paramters in any block is possible anymore. When trying, i get prompted by the following error:

Error evaluating 'OpenFcn' callback of Xilinx Type (... block I tried to edit and its path)
Undefined variable "this" or class "this.GUIClass".

I found a similar problem and and recorded answer:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62328.html#description
Unfortunately, the "MYVIVADO" variable does not exist in my system (Win7).

A complete un- and reinstallation of MATLAB, Vivado and Java did not solve the issue.
Has anyone got an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor grass_be
Visitor

Re: System Generator GUI Socket Server Timeout

Jump to solution

I played around a bit more with this problem and found a work-around.

The problem occurs when loading a large design while working on an older PC.
I think the timeout occurs because the process of loading the .slx just takes too long.

However, if I load a small .slx or create a new model right after starting SysGen, no timeout occurs. Since the GUI is started by then, I can proceed and load the big design without a timeout.

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor grass_be
Visitor

Jump to solution

I played around a bit more with this problem and found a work-around.

The problem occurs when loading a large design while working on an older PC.
I think the timeout occurs because the process of loading the .slx just takes too long.

However, if I load a small .slx or create a new model right after starting SysGen, no timeout occurs. Since the GUI is started by then, I can proceed and load the big design without a timeout.

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
Newbie tgy

Jump to solution

l also has the problem. 

when i start the system generator , and edits/add block from the xilinx blocks in matlab2016a.  

I will receive the sysgen timedout error , so i must to shut down the program.

the error are as fellow

Warning: The System Generator GUI socket server timedout while waiting for an incoming socket connection. To tune the acceptTimeout value in the xlServerSocketOptions.m file. The xlServerSocketOptions.m file is on your MATLAB path and can be edited by typing 'edit xlServerSocketOptions.m' in the MATLAB console.
>>  

0 Kudos
Newbie tgy

Jump to solution

i also meet the same problem .but i could't understand your ture meaning.

would you please give me some concrete answer.

and the error 

thank you

0 Kudos
Visitor hazabul
Visitor

Jump to solution

This has not solved the issue for me!

Even when I create a new model in Simulink. Trying to drag a block from the Xilinx Library lets the error appear again. It takes too long to drag a "constant" block, for example.

Do you have any idea why this would happen?

Best Regards,

HazAbul

0 Kudos