UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

inout in black box

Observer

inout in black box

Hi everyone,

when I generate a black box, it seems that inout pin dosn't appear, how i can solve this problem.

thank you

Highlighted
Teacher

Re: inout in black box

@mimo you may not have inout pins at an internal boundary. Your only option is to export 3 wires (out, enable, in) and connect that to an IO pin at the top level.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Observer

what means enable ? 

In your HDL, rather than use a bidirectional data type, separately implement the three signals which will be used for the tri-state.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44151.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Teacher

@mimo to drive an inout wire, you need a driver with tri-state signal (or enable), output signal itself and an input signal. If the tri-state driver is disabled, you can receive the other side's signal, if it's enabled, you can transmit the output to the wire.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Observer

Thank you for the replies,

First I made a vhdl module to comunicate with an adc external chip using i2c (SDA bidirectional) and its work fine with the tri-state mode. when i want to import this vhdl file into a black box in system generator, i can't map the SDA in and out pins with the same LOC using HW cosim. how i can solve this problem ?

I would recommend you to integrate i2c and sysgen design in Vivado project . You can generate your sysgen design and in vivado project integrate i2c design and sysgen design
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Observer

i have spartan 3e its supported by ISE

Observer

I think that is not supported by vivado