cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

12.1 - 11.5 - 10.3 - 9.2 Xilinx ISE crashes with a simple shortcut sequence!!!

Hello everybody,

I passed through various versions of ISE in the last year, 12.1 - 11.5 - 10.3 - 9.2 all installed on the same machine with Windows XP Pro 32 bit. All these versions (everyone updated) show the same damned issue.

Using the VHDL editor's shortcut to save a file and to uncomment lines (shift+alt+c) the ISE crashes. It happend not every tim, but really often, and specially when ISE is open since a while (some minutes)

With 9.2 and 10.3 everytime that i press shift+alt+c to uncomment lines the system crashes

With 11.5 and 12.1 the system crashes only with the following sequence of shortcuts:

select lines to uncomment

ctrl+s to save the file

shift+alt+c to uncomment

CRASH

I must close the ISE process by Windows's task manager

the sequence of operation is done in the turnaround of some seconds. Anyway, if I press the uncomment button with mouse on the user interface or from menu, the problem do not appear.

Is it a known issue? Will it be solved in future?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have any other programs running that can use the ctr + shift + c command?  I have seen issues where another program running has that same short cut which causes ISE to fail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

generally firefox and thunderbird are in background, generally xilinx ise 9.2 and 11.5 or 12.1 are opened together. But the problem seems that do not depend by the background programs. i tried with only ISE 12 running and the issue is still there...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

I had on my computer an old ISE installed (9.x) and by pressing Shift + Crtl + C and sometimes only Shift + C (by mistake) the ISE crashed. Several months ago I updated it to ISE 12.3 and the problem is still there. On this computer I have a Win XP Professional SP3.

I have the same old ISE version (9.x) also on my personal laptop (OS - WinXp SP 2 or 3??). On my laptop it works flawless.

But it's getting pretty annoying especially when crashes before saving the files. :manmad:

Paul

0 Kudos