UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

ADS5294 frame clock

Hello all,

I am currently working on interfacing of ADS5294( 8 channel serial ADC) with ZC706 FPGA board through FMC card. I am using ADC in 1 wire, 2's complement , MSB first mode.These configurations i can do in GUI of Ads5294 and according to that written a code in vhdl.The code basically converts differential ended output to single ended output as it is serial ADC. For current situation, I am sampling ADC at 20 MHZ, hence i will get Frame clock as 20 MHz , bit clock as 140 MHz and output data rate is 280 MHz ( as per the timing diagram attached to this post). The rest of the diagram (DDS, FIR, MULTIPLIER, DMA) is working on 20 MHz clock which is generated by clocking wizard. 

1. Can i use this frame clock (output from ads5294 vhdl code) to clock all the ip's in the design?

2. I have tried this but while implementing this design , iam getting errors.

If the design would clock by frame clock, this would be very useful for me as it solves my problem. I am trying to build whole design with one clock as it avoids use of FIFO generator( clock domain changing) .

Thanks in advance.

Block_diagram_ads5294.JPG
GUI_ads5294.JPG
GUI_ads5294.JPG
timing diagram.JPG
errors.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: ADS5294 frame clock

Hello all, 

Have you understand my question ? please give me some reply ASAP.

0 Kudos