cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akhilahmed
Observer
Observer

Adding additional constraints to the auto-generated constraints in Vivado IP integrator

Hi,

I am trying to instantiate a microblaze and a UARTLite on ZCU104 and route UART signals to PMOD pins. To route these UART pins to the PMOD pins, I make the Tx and Rx pins as external (Right-click on pin and select "make external"). I want to add constraints only for these two pins and use the auto-generated constraints for the rest of the design. How do I do this? 

If I add a new constraint file and specify constraints only for the Tx and Rx pins, I see that the other pins don't get constrained and lead to errors. Is there any easy way to use the auto-generated constraints for the microblaze and it's associated IPs, and user specified constraints for only a few pins?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kvasantr

Hello @akhilahmed 

You don't need to write one more constraint files for this. Under generated IPI products of your IP design under sources -> you will find constraint and under that same file, you should mention these constraints.

can you share me the constraint file you have generated from the example design?

thank you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
akhilahmed
Observer
Observer

Thank you for the solution. I will try that.

The constraints I want to add are as below:

set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 [get_ports rx_0]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 [get_ports tx_0]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN U7 [get_ports tx_0]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN W8 [get_ports rx_0]
set_property SLEW FAST [get_ports tx_0]

I got these written by using the GUI.

0 Kudos
akhilahmed
Observer
Observer

But the generated files under Sources -> IP Sources -> Block Designs are all read-only.

Did you imply that I should add my constraint file here? 

0 Kudos
akhilahmed
Observer
Observer

Hi,

The auto-generated constraint files are read-only. Is it recommended to change permissions of this generated file and add my constraints to it? 

0 Kudos