UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/XilinxTclStore/tclapp/xilinx/modelsim/common/utils.tcl": no such file or directory

Jump to solution

I just downloaded Vivado 2017.4 and created a new project. I've got a error message in the tcl console saying

start_gui
create_project 180816_ofdm_siso C:/Users/myName_0/VivadoPrj/newProject -part xc7z020clg484-1
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-234] Refreshing IP repositories
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-1704] No user IP repositories specified
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-2313] Loaded Vivado IP repository 'C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/data/ip'.

couldn't read file "C:/Users/myName_1/AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/XilinxTclStore/tclapp/xilinx/modelsim/common/utils.tcl": no such file or directory
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: couldn't read file "C:/Users/myName_1/AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/XilinxTclStore/tclapp/xilinx/modelsim/common/utils.tcl": no such file or directory

I found that C:/Users/myName_1/AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/XilinxTclStore/tclapp/xilinx/

has projutils/common instead of modelsim. How do I fix this error? Or can I just ignore this error?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/XilinxTclStore/tclapp/xilinx/modelsim/common/utils.tcl": no such file or directory

Jump to solution

@prathikm I manually changed some file names to get 2017.4 working but I finally went back to 2016.4 because I felt user interface is lighter and faster.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/XilinxTclStore/tclapp/xilinx/modelsim/common/utils.tcl": no such file or directory

Jump to solution

Hi @moon5756,

What is the flow and files you used to get the error? Not sure why error is directly pointing to XilinxTclStore upon creating a new project. Can you still see this in 2018.2?

Thanks

Prathik

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@prathikm I manually changed some file names to get 2017.4 working but I finally went back to 2016.4 because I felt user interface is lighter and faster.

0 Kudos