Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomg
Visitor
Visitor

Artix 7 Vivado 2017.1 Commonn 17-39

Hi,

I'm working on a test system that is controlled via a Digilent C7 Artix7 FPGA.

When until today all went well and I could program the FPGA with Vivado.

But this morning something happened, when I try to program the FPGA there now is a message saying: "ERROR: [Common 17-39]'program_hw_devices' failed due to earlier errors." 

I don't know what to do with this message and I can't program the FPGA anymore.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Kind Regards,

Thom

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bandi

HI @thomg,

Can you please share the earlier error message or share the vivado.log file here.

Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
thomg
Visitor
Visitor

I see I have the wrong Bitfile settings.

This is the log from the Tcl Console:

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3303] Incorrect bitstream assigned to device. Bitfile is incompatible for this device.
INFO: [Labtools 27-3164] End of startup status: HIGH
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'program_hw_devices' failed due to earlier errors.

0 Kudos
nupurs

@thomg,

Can you verify that the bitfile that you are generating is for the same device that you are downloading the bitstream on?

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
thomg
Visitor
Visitor

I have the Cmod A7 with the xc7a15tcg236-1 chip. I've selected this device from the Vivado list and still the error. I've also tried to uninstall and install Vivado again, also didn't work. I'm kind of desperate right now!

0 Kudos