UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue highlight in text editor

Jump to solution

I have a vhdl package file that shows a number of lines highlighted on blue.  These are the only lines in any of my files that are like this and I have no idea what this means.  Synthesiis is giving errors concerning the AcquisitionLength input but the port name is correct in the package file, the entity declaration and the higher level file that uses this component.

blue.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Blue highlight in text editor

Jump to solution

According to UG893, syntax problems come in three flavors:  errors, warnings, and notes.  If you have not changed the default “Fonts and Colors” for your Vivado, then the blue highlighted text appears to have a “syntax note” associated with it.  Hovering the cursor over the blue should display the note – unless perhaps you have unchecked “Display notes”. 

syntax_note.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

According to UG893, syntax problems come in three flavors:  errors, warnings, and notes.  If you have not changed the default “Fonts and Colors” for your Vivado, then the blue highlighted text appears to have a “syntax note” associated with it.  Hovering the cursor over the blue should display the note – unless perhaps you have unchecked “Display notes”. 

syntax_note.jpg

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

markg@prosensing.com, I'm closing this one since your response is technically an answer to this question.  Stay tuned.  It gets stranger.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

markg@prosensing.com   No need to stay tuned.  Just a typo.

0 Kudos