Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumingchuan
Visitor
Visitor

CAM IP core in vivado 2021.1

Jump to solution

Please I need help, I want to use CAM IP core in Vivado 2021.1, but got the following error.

[Ipptcl 7-5] XIT evaluation error: couldn't load library "e:/program/vitis_2021_1/Vivado/2021.1/data/ip/xilinx/cam_v2_2/lib/lin64/camdrvtcl.so": this library or a dependent library could not be found in library path

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
syedz

@sumingchuan 

The factory confirmed that CAM IP is not supported for Windows OS. This is documented in the IP product guide.

We will hide this IP in Windows OS for future releases. 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 Replies
syedz

@sumingchuan 

Which device are you targetting? I am able to generate the CAM IP both in block design and stand-alone in 2021.1. Can you share the vivado.log file?

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

sumingchuan
Visitor
Visitor

It seems that there is no vivado.log in the project directory, and I have copy the content of tcl console to a file. Thanks for your reply.   

0 Kudos
sumingchuan
Visitor
Visitor

My target board is VCU118 (VU9P). And I use the vivado installed together with Vitis 2021.1, is this maybe the problem?

0 Kudos
syedz

@sumingchuan 

The log file can be found from Vivado GUI, Select FIle-->Project-->Open Log file. In the top header of vivado editor, you should see the file location. 

I see that you are opening the existing block design and creating CAM IP in BD, resulting in an error. Can you try sourcing the attached run.tcl from vivado TCL console and check the result?

If it passes then could be that the existing block design in your project got corrupted. You can try creating a new block design or project. 

Also, Do you have valid license for CAM IP?

--Syed

0 Kudos
sumingchuan
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your timely response,it do helps.

1) I got the vivado.log according to your guidance.

2) I have sourced the tcl file, but there are still the same errors. These errors can be founded in the attached vivado.log

3) Sorry, I don't have a license. I had assumed this IP to be like a FIFO generator (don't need a license).  I will be very grateful if you could tell me how to apply for a license.

0 Kudos
sumingchuan
Visitor
Visitor

It seems that the CAM IP core can't be founded in the licensing solution center (https://www.xilinx.com/support/licensing_solution_center.html). 

0 Kudos
syedz

@sumingchuan 

I missed seeing that you were using Windows OS. I have tried it on windows OS and it errors out for me as well but works on Linux OS. The issue is reported to the factory. 

--Syed

0 Kudos
syedz

@sumingchuan 

The factory confirmed that CAM IP is not supported for Windows OS. This is documented in the IP product guide.

We will hide this IP in Windows OS for future releases. 

--Syed

View solution in original post

sumingchuan
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your effort for this issue. I will try this IP on a Linux platform. In addition,

1)CAM IP is very important for the developers being engaged in the networking hardware. And a large part of them are using Vivado on Windows platforms. Maybe it's a good idea to support the CAM IP for Windows OS. I will be very grateful if you could feedback to the factory on this advice.

2) I had searched for the document of CAM IP on the Xilinx's website, unfortunately, I didn't find the proper one. The most similar document is XAPP1151, which is released in 2011. Could you show me the document link of the newly released CAM IP?

I'm grateful for your effort, it do helps!

0 Kudos