cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Can Axi4-lite and Axi4 connect with slave?

I have packaged my module to IP with 2 port AXI4-lite Master.

Both of them and another axi4-full port master (from MicroBlaze) are connected with MIG (I believe its an axi4-full slave).

I wonder, Is this possible? Because I didn't find the ID in the AXI4-lite Master interface. And when I do the automated connect the ID (ARID, RID,...)of all of 3 masters connected to ground.

Can you help me out of this.

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

Do you mean you have something like this?

<-- axi4lite --> MIG

Custom IP

<-- axi4lite --> MIG

uBlaze     <-- axi4full --> MIG

The MIG core can have only 1 axi i/f. So what about the arbitration if everyone wants to tx/rx data?

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

hi @dpaul24,

yeah, my block design looks like that.

I thought Axi interconnect will do the arbitration but I do not understand how it works. Can you show me how to set it?

My expect is 2 masters of my custom IP will have the same priority and it's higher than uBlaze.

so if everyone wants to tx/rx data it will be myIP_M00 -> myIP_01 -> uBlaze.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

You can use the Xilinx AXI interconnect IP in "N-to-1 AXI Interconnect" mode. The MIG side will be slave side. There is an in-built arbiter.

Read this doc: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_interconnect/v2_1/pg059-axi-interconnect.pdf

See page 12 of the above document.

Excerpt- When multiple master devices arbitrate for access to a single slave device, such as a memory controller, use the AXI Interconnect core in a N-to-1 configuration.

Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @dpaul24,

Thanks for your help,

I wonder the axi4-lite haven't ID then how can AXI Interconnect determine the transaction belong to whom.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Is there any good reason why you are so much focused on ID signals?

See page7, "Fixed priority and round-robin arbitration". Choose the one that best fits your design.

0 Kudos