cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yukinon
Observer
Observer

Can Axi4-lite and Axi4 connect with slave?

I have packaged my module to IP with 2 port AXI4-lite Master.

Both of them and another axi4-full port master (from MicroBlaze) are connected with MIG (I believe its an axi4-full slave).

I wonder, Is this possible? Because I didn't find the ID in the AXI4-lite Master interface. And when I do the automated connect the ID (ARID, RID,...)of all of 3 masters connected to ground.

Can you help me out of this.

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

Do you mean you have something like this?

<-- axi4lite --> MIG

Custom IP

<-- axi4lite --> MIG

uBlaze     <-- axi4full --> MIG

The MIG core can have only 1 axi i/f. So what about the arbitration if everyone wants to tx/rx data?

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

yukinon
Observer
Observer

hi @dpaul24,

yeah, my block design looks like that.

I thought Axi interconnect will do the arbitration but I do not understand how it works. Can you show me how to set it?

My expect is 2 masters of my custom IP will have the same priority and it's higher than uBlaze.

so if everyone wants to tx/rx data it will be myIP_M00 -> myIP_01 -> uBlaze.

0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

You can use the Xilinx AXI interconnect IP in "N-to-1 AXI Interconnect" mode. The MIG side will be slave side. There is an in-built arbiter.

Read this doc: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_interconnect/v2_1/pg059-axi-interconnect.pdf

See page 12 of the above document.

Excerpt- When multiple master devices arbitrate for access to a single slave device, such as a memory controller, use the AXI Interconnect core in a N-to-1 configuration.

Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

yukinon
Observer
Observer

Hi @dpaul24,

Thanks for your help,

I wonder the axi4-lite haven't ID then how can AXI Interconnect determine the transaction belong to whom.

0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

Is there any good reason why you are so much focused on ID signals?

See page7, "Fixed priority and round-robin arbitration". Choose the one that best fits your design.

0 Kudos