UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant ejubenville
Participant

Can I view a full schematic in Project Navigator with an XPS child project?

I have an ISE 14.5 project with a single XMP source file (from XPS) as the top level design source, but cannot seem to get a full schematic view.  The schematic shown under "View RTL Schematic" under the synthesis processing section only shows the top level system wrapper and won't let me dive deeper.

When using PlanAhead with a similar XMP project as a child, I can view the schematic this way:

Flow Navigator -> Synthesis -> Open Synthesized Design -> Schematic.

Is there an equivalent when using ISE as the implementation method?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Can I view a full schematic in Project Navigator with an XPS child project?

Use "View Technology Schematic". RTL schematic is the pre-synthesis schematic and the xmp module is just a black box to it.

Vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Participant ejubenville
Participant

Re: Can I view a full schematic in Project Navigator with an XPS child project?

Using View Technology Schematic doesn't do it either.  The first level shows the "system_top" block, from which I can right-click and "Show Block Contents".  That shows a few details about I/O bufs, etc., and a "system" block.  However, this system block cannot be drilled down into.  Right-click no longer has a "Show Block Contents" option.

0 Kudos