UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant deritha-06
Participant

Can't open error message

Jump to solution

I tried to check the syntax for the file names "debounce.v". There is error icon output. However I can't find the detail of the error. It's not in the design summary.

HowToFindError.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Re: Can't open error message

Jump to solution

Hi,

you could take a look at the terminal output window at the bottom of the main window.

The error messages appear there first, and by scrolling up you can make them visible again.

Or you can make a synthesis of the full project.

Then the messages are forwarded to the design summary and you can read the full synthesis report which contains the messages for each module.

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Jump to solution

Hi,

you could take a look at the terminal output window at the bottom of the main window.

The error messages appear there first, and by scrolling up you can make them visible again.

Or you can make a synthesis of the full project.

Then the messages are forwarded to the design summary and you can read the full synthesis report which contains the messages for each module.

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

View solution in original post

Participant deritha-06
Participant

Jump to solution
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Newbie kodakandla

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have installed Xilinx 10.1 in my lab desktop(which has Vista in it). it was working fine. When I have installed in laptop and written a small counter program and verified for syntax, it was giving error. I'm sure that there is no error in the program. This laptop has Windows 7. Does this OS has any problem with installation or anything I have to do to have my  programs error free(though no errors syntactically). help  me on this...

0 Kudos
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Jump to solution
Hi, It would be nice to know which error you had. Wasn't there some error message? Also, besides syntactical errors there may be semantical errors. You wrote something you didn't mean that way, but how can the tool know that? Have you run a simulation? Have a nice synthesis Eilert
0 Kudos