UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Cannot connect vcse_server in vivado 2013.4

Hi everybody, i am trying to do the labs in ug940 guide.  After generated the bitstream and exported hardware to SDK, i

start to do the lab2.  I download the bitstream successfully, and then try to open the hardware target, but when i connect

the vcse_server, it stopped at the following post. (Over an half hour, it still can not go ahead). 

Does someone can give me some suggestions, and i would be very appreciate!

1.png

Best Regards,

Dec

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Cannot connect vcse_server in vivado 2013.4

Hi,

Which OS are you working up on?

Is the board connected locally?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Deepika,

I am sorry that my reply is so late and many thanks for your reply!  Actually, i had solved this problem from this thread (

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/ERROR-Labtools-27-1829-vcse-server-failed-during-internal/td-p/351763

). I should run the vcse_server in the ISE Command Prompt to start the server first and then open the hardware session

in Vivado GUI.  Now i can connect Vivado cse_server successfully. 

Best Regards,

Dec

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Dec,

Good to know that you were able to overcome the issue.

Please mark your previous post as Answer. This will help other forum users.

Regards,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Observer rforsyth
Observer

I had this problem and also some errors (cannot open vcse_server) when opening the server in the Vivado Hardware manager.

Closed Vivado, cycled my development board, still occurred 

I fixed it by simply ending the vivado and vcse_server processes in the task manager, then restarting Vivado and the hardware manager.

0 Kudos