UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Error during creation of DSA file : Failed to get Source File object for dynamic region BD

Hello,

I tried to implement Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC VCU TRD 2018.3 - SDI Video Capture and SDI Display project. I generated bitstream and exported it but when I try to run the these commands, I got an error in the 3rd one:

TCL Console:

set_param dsa.writeHDFData 1
set_property dsa.name vcu_sdirxtx [current_project]
write_dsa -unified -force ./vcu_sdirxtx.dsa
INFO: [Vivado 12-4895] Creating DSA: ./vcu_sdirxtx.dsa ...
ERROR: [Vivado 12-5880] Failed to get Source File object for dynamic region BD
ERROR: [Common 17-53] User Exception: Unable to get hpfm file from project property dsa.hpfm_file or from the BD itself.

TCL Console output is attached. I tried both vcu_sdx and vcu_sdirxtx. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Error during creation of DSA file : Failed to get Source File object for dynamic region BD

Hello @silat14 

The reason of failure is VCU SDI RX and TX design is not built in SDSoC. The Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC VCU TRD 2018.3 - HDMI Video Capture and HDMI Display With SDSoC is actually SDx design.

So If you trying the flow you mentioned for SDI RX/TX design won't work for that.

Please move to 2019.1 TRD for new designs and features.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/112230447/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+VCU+TRD+2019.1

Thank You

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Re: Error during creation of DSA file : Failed to get Source File object for dynamic region BD

Hello @silat14 

Not sure if you checked this. But let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos