cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generate output products or Create HDL Wrapper - which one to run first ?

Jump to solution

I have practically implemented two Hello Word application on ZYNQ development board. In the first application I have "Generate Output Products" first then "Create HDL Wrapper" followed by Synthesis, Implementation, Bitstream, and Launch SDK … BOOT.BIN

In the second application I have "Create HDL Wrapper" first and then "Generate Output Products" followed by Synthesis, Implementation, Bitstream, and Launch SDK … BOOT.BIN

Both application works but I am wondering which is the correct sequence, Generate Output Products first or Create HDL Wrapper first ? or it depend on application ? or one covers the other ? like Generate Bitstream covers Synthesis and Implementation. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
syedz

@Anonymous 

No, Create HDL wrapper will not do generate output products. Please check Step 9 in the following link from the Tutorial:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug995-vivado-ip-subsystems-tutorial.pdf#page=36

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@Anonymous,

I always generate o/p products first followed by HDL wrapper generation and further....!

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

0 Kudos
syedz

@Anonymous 

It shouldn't matter. I always select "Let Vivado manage wrapper and auto-update" when creating HDL wrapper. 

The wrapper file created using this method is automatically updated every time output products for the block design are generated, to reflect the latest changes.

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

This means that "Create HDL Wrapper" covers "Generate Output Products" and there is no need to run "Generate Output Products" provided we select "Let Vivado manage wrapper and auto-update" when creating HDL wrapper. 

0 Kudos
syedz

@Anonymous 

No, Create HDL wrapper will not do generate output products. Please check Step 9 in the following link from the Tutorial:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug995-vivado-ip-subsystems-tutorial.pdf#page=36

--Syed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos