UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer cnie
Observer

How could I create my own ipcore which can be shown in IP integrator of Vivado?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

How could I create my own ipcore which can be added into IP integrator of Vivado?  In the IP intergrator, it seems only a list of pre-installled ip cores are available.  How could I add my own ip core(like pcore in the Platform Studio), is there a way to generate a ip core from VHDL codes with Vivado toolchians? 

Thank you.

cnie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How could I create my own ipcore which can be shown in IP integrator of Vivado?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Go through this tutorial: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_2/ug939-vivado-designing-with-ip-tutorial.pdf

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How could I create my own ipcore which can be shown in IP integrator of Vivado?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Go through this tutorial: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_2/ug939-vivado-designing-with-ip-tutorial.pdf

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, this can be done by packaging your design files using vivado IP packager. You may refer to the tutorial pointed by vuppala.

Below are the general steps to be followed for pakaging the IP. For more details refer to the user guide:

1. Open vivado project you want to package in to IP.
  2. Go to Tools --> Package IP.
  3. Click on Next. The option "Package your project" will be chosen by default. Click on Next and Finish.
  4. In the "IP File groups" tab, you can review the files which will be added to the IP and remove/add any files if needed.
  5. Finally click on Review and Package and select package IP.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello,

Refer this Xilinx application note "XAPP1168"

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1168-axi-ip-integrator.pdf

Regards,

Yash

0 Kudos
Observer cnie
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you, this summary helps a lot.

0 Kudos