Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How to launch vivado

Windows10 OS

Just got done installing vivado, quit license manager, then setup license file, then re-entered license manager by running 

c:\Xilinx\.xilinx\Vivado_2019.2\Xsetup 

to confirm xilinx sees license okay, then exit license manager.

But there are no shortcuts on desktop nor is there a xilinx vivado tool under start programs list.

So what file do I point to, to run vivado??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Looks like its c:\xilinx\vivado\2019.2\bin\vivado.bat
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@DiamondBound 

You should see Vivado launch shortcut on desktop and also it should be present in Windows program list.

The other way is to execute the setting64.bat file from command promt and run "vivado" to launch vivado GUI

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @DiamondBound ,

During Vivado installation, there is an option at the last stage to create desktop shortcuts for the tool. It is enabled by default. But if you had disabled it, you won't see any shortcuts in Desktop.

Thanks,

Aravind.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @Syed,

Problem occurs because I don't have admin privileged, so the install is inhibited with a dialog box requesting admin to give their credentials (username password) for the process to continue.

I did this but did-not-select-install-for-all-users, so xilinx tries to put the 

"shortcut on desktop (of the admin) and also it should be present in Windows program list (of the admin)"

But since the admin credentials are setup as a local-admin there is no environment ie desktop directory for me to copy the shortcut nor windows program list. 

Thanks,

--Ross

0 Kudos