cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I get too long byte length with the error message below: how do i solve it?

Jump to solution
  • [Common 17-680] Path length exceeds 248-Byte maximum allowed by Windows: C:/Users/zaina/OneDrive/Skoleopgaver/Robotteknologi/Semester_4/Digital_Programmerbar_Elektronik/Lektion_3__Sekventiel_logik/Muxdisplay_version_2/Lsningsforslag_til_Muxdisplay_version_1/muxløsning_1.runs/synth_1/.Xil/Vivado-16168-DESKTOP-3ESB99P/realtime Please consider using the OS subst command to shorten the path length by mapping part of the path to a virtual drive letter. See Answer Record AR52787 for more information. Resolution: In Windows 7 or later, the mklink command can also be used to create a symbolic link and shorten the path.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I used long path tool and I solve my error, unlock problem solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Try moving your Xilinx folder directly into your C:/ drive; unfortunately Vivado for windows can't read filepaths that are too long. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
But that only issue i get when i generate bitfile... I want the hardware only generate bitfile and not extra folders, how do i do it with the settings...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @zaahm18 ,

You can try changing the location of bitstream file generation, check this below post might be helpful:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/How-do-I-change-the-location-of-the-bitstream-file-in-Vivado/td-p/737489

Thanks,

Raj

Highlighted
I used long path tool and I solve my error, unlock problem solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

how do you do it?

0 Kudos