Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I want to open a future version Vivado project with an older version

Jump to solution

Hello,

*I have a 2016.3 Vivado project. But, I need to open it with 2013.4 Vivado. I tried to directly open an 2016.3 project with 2013.4 Vivado. But it was not opened. 

*I try to create a new project in 2013.4 and add all IPs step-by-step. Probably version of some IPs in design changed. but those are not big problem. I can change them manually.  

*Especially Zynq PS -reconfiguration in a new project may be difficult. Because there are many parameters in Zynq PS.  Is there a way to generate(export) a configuration file of Zynq PS? thus, I can basicly show that generated file to Zynq PS in 2013.4.  I have seen button "import xps settings" in Zynq. Is this button for above purpose ?

*And the most important one is that is there Zynq support in Vivado 2013.4  ? Because I can not find Zynq PS System in ip catalog of Vivado 2013.4. 

Best Regards,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: I want to open a future version Vivado project with an older version

Jump to solution

Zynq devices are available in Vivado 2013.4 and the IP catalog contains the following processor IP

- Microblaze

- Microblaze MCS

- ZYNQ Processing System

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I don't think this can be supported. 

You are venturing off road by trying.

Why do you need to do this?

Keith 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Dear @klumsde,

*In order to be able to directly use the SW of the this app note (XAPP741). App note reference design in 2013.4. All SW (Microblaze) and HW files provided. 

*I constructed the same app note in 2016.3 for a Zynq. Many of the IPs are upgraded to new versions. Therefore, drivers of those new version IPs are also changed. So, app note SW could not directly use with Zynq and many new version IPs in 2016.3.

*I want to use SW files with Zynq directly or with a minimum change.for this reason, I try to construct app-note for Zynq in 2013.4 . but Zynq is not seen in 2013.4 IP Catalog. Am I wrong?

Best Regards, 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Zynq devices are available in Vivado 2013.4 and the IP catalog contains the following processor IP

- Microblaze

- Microblaze MCS

- ZYNQ Processing System

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@howardp,

Sure. Due to selected part number (a Kintex), Zynq is not seen in catalog. Now, it is seen for a selected Zynq part.  But It is need to manually configure the all Zynq parameter again in 2013.4. Beacuse, an exported configuration file (from another Zynq project)  could not be imported to Zynq in 2013.4.  

Regards,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos